Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 16, 2014

Welcome To Our Family/My First Mother's Day/One Week Old

First is the welcome to our family! Our little girl made her big debut May 4, 2014 at 5:30PM weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long, full head of ash blonde/light brown hair. We were in love the instant we saw her as was everyone in the delivery room. Our little Carmen Elizabeth Newman (Lizzi).

The birth story will be posted in another post on its own.

Next is my first Mother's Day and Lizzi turning one week old! First off wow can't believe my baby is one week old already that was way too fast! Okay maybe I am being a little dramatic over a week but I only have 6 weeks at home with her before I go back to work. So one week is a huge deal to me! We obviously didn't go to church so we just spent the day cuddling and loving on each other while daddy went to church. Curtis grilled pork chops for dinner and gave me new work out shorts and Just Dance Summer Party for the Wii when I am able to work out again! He is so thoughtful! 
We got to Skype with Elder Larsen! He looked so great, he was glowing and all smiles. He is going to be a spectacular missionary and I can't wait for him to get out in the field. He got to "meet" Lizzi for the first time, she looked darling sporting this little number. He was so excited I thought he might bounce off his chair he was so excited to see her. He thought she was the most darling girl, and who could blame him. ;)
Happy Mother's Day. Now hand over the hugs!

She looked so cute until we had a diaper blow out because we waited too long to change her because we didn't want uncle Mike to miss a second of her. We also got to Skype with Curtis's sister Karla and her kids in Minnesota, it was our niece Linden's birthday and they hadn't "seen" Lizzi in person yet. We also got to Skype with Curtis's mom (Nan) and Aunt Leslie, Uncle Joey, cousins Tye and Paisley. Overall it was a great day!

Like I mentioned previously she turned one week old on Mother's Day, she has changed so much. She is eating every 3 hours which is lovely for mom and dad since she only wakes up once a night. She is all smiles and is great about eating and sleeping. We are just so in love with her and I am loving being at home with her to watch her grow,  I am kind of dreading going back to work. 


4 comments:

Aubrey A said...

What a cutie! I've been patiently waiting for you to post some pictures of your new little one, so thank you! Congratulations!!!

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

Thank you Aubrey! I know I have been trying to get this posted since we came home but I have loved holding her so much that I haven't gotten much else done :)

Aubrey A said...

I can understand that! Enjoy your time with her, they grow up so fast!!! Give her some cuddle-love from me. :)

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

I can do that cousin!