Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How many does it take?

The typical question is how many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon right?
Not in our case. Our how many question is how many boxes or bags of cereal does it take before you find one that is not expired?
People were so sweet in giving us food and stuff for our storage room, however, most people seem to not check expiration dates. Neither did we.
We woke up on St. Patricks Day and we wanted to have some Marshmallow Mateys (a cereal that loves to mess with my CDO, that's OCD to you weird people who enjoy non-alphabetized things,) so we went and retrieved the cereal from our storage room. We filled our bowls to their capacities and dug in... only to discover it tasted ... off. It wasn't the sugary we goodness we were expecting so we ate a few more bites (because that was the smart thing to do to REALLY make sure the cereal tasted nasty). So we dumped them down the drain after coming to the conclusion that they really we nasty and I looked at the bag, then thought to check the expiration date to see if that had anything to do with it. It did, the cereal had expired in 2008, explaining why the anchors, that already tasted like cardboard, now tasted like plywood.

So we returned to the storage room to check dates on our cereal before we ate another expired one. We found two bags of Fruit Loops, in addition to our Marshmallow Mateys and a box of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch that I am certain is an antique. Now I say this not to offend anyone or make anyone feel old, but, if the antique store by my house says new arrivals, beanie babies and barbies, then this cereal box must be an antique as well. So no offense intended. The box of Peanut Butter Crunch expired Oct 27, 1998 an month and one day after I was baptized, if you don't believe me check the pictures below.
Posted by Picasa
We now pay better attention to the food we pick before we get it out of our storage room ;)

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Ha! 1998! That's crazy!

PS- How are you cousin? I am such a bad cousin. You called on Jack's b-day and I have yet to return the call. How sweet you were to remember him with all you had going on!

Thank you for blogging. I have loved reading about your wedding/honeymoon experience etc. I do love you so!

I'm so glad things went so well. You looked absolutely beautiful.

Hopefully we will talk soon! I love you!