Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun from Ireland


Thursday Curtis had a good friend from Ireland drop in for a visit he had come over to surprise his wife who still lives in Idaho (she is working on moving over to Ireland with him soon). But he stopped and spent the night with us Thursday night. I had to work from 12-6 and Tom would be at our apartment by 6:30 so timing was perfect.

However things never go as planned and after I got off work I went out to the truck to drive home and it wouldn't start. It didn't click over NOTHING. The buttons on the keys wouldn't open the doors. The truck didn't react at all it was totally dead. So I called Curt because he had just gotten home from work to come get me on the scooter or fix the truck which ever was possible. He is a pretty good mechanic so he thought he could fix it... NOPE. We were completely baffled so Joey (his brother) was up here with his wife and her family celebrating her birthday at Sizzler (right by my work) yay so he came over with the car really fast to come and help us jump start it. It didn't work. So Curt ran home to get some tools and unhook the battery and re-hook it to see if that helped any. Nope.
 Ultimately we had to have Joey tow us to the Ford dealership down the road a ways. We got there and they were already closed. So we found a drop box dropped the keys and it is now about 7:45. Curt had left the apartment open so Tom and Nan(Curt's mom) could wait inside for us.  So our perfect timing ended up not being so perfect. We had a late dinner but it was a lot of fun. We rode the scooter in the cold rain from the dealership, home, to Texas Roadhouse, and home again. They wouldn't know until 2 o'clock Friday afternoon what is wrong with it. :( We hoped it's nothing serious. We showed Tom our wedding photos, got his bus ticket all settled to get him to Idaho Falls, changed the address for his lost luggage to be sent to his sons house and not ours, and we talked till midnight then we went to bed. Now you saw on the list just the sentence before we changed the delivery address right? You also notice my picture at the top shows Tom, Curt, and 3 bags right? That's because they didn't get the address change so at 3:53am Curt gets a call... its the delivery guy who doesn't know which door is ours to drop off the luggage at. So Curt goes up and gets it, then comes back down and it tooks us and hour to get back to sleep. Then we got up at 6 to get Tom ready to catch the bus. But because of our unfortunate deal with the truck they had to load onto the scooter (as seen above). Thankfully the bus stop is less than a mile away.

So that was the start to what is supposed to be our amazingly, fun, fantastic weekend. Friday I worked from 12-6 Curt was already at work so I was stranded with no vehicle. Nan came to get me and take me to work, but my family came up earlier than the time I was supposed to get off work. So they came over to my work and saw all the fun stuff we have there. My brother got lost in Brigham instead of making it to Logan. So he had to call my dad to get directions. So I gave my family the tour of our place and we got the pizzas in the oven so we could eat. We showed off our wedding photos while we waited, then we ate dinner, and played apples to apples. We had some cheesecake that was left over from our reception. It was about 10 o'clock and my family had a long drive home so they left but my older brother and his girlfriend stayed to have a chit-chat. They didn't leave until 1:20am so after they left Curt and I wanted to stay awake till they got home to know that they made it home safely. We lasted till about 3 then we fell asleep. They made it home at 3:30 ish so we almost made it the whole time.

I had to work Saturday as well, I had to close up the store so I was at work till about 8ish. We were supposed to go up to Bear Lake with Curt's family for Easter so we left after work, and got up there about 9:15pm we got settled into our room then went over his mom's room to party with everyone. We played Just Dance 2 on the Wii, card games, and Apples to Apples. Had Ice Cream for Connie and Leslie's birthdays (which we were celebrating while up there). Chatted and snacked till 2:00am. Finally with me half asleep in the arm chair we all went to bed. The bed was as hard and as a board :P I was awake for another hour because I couldn't sleep.

The next morning, Easter Morning, started with a phone call at 7:40am saying they were doing easter baskets for the kids. Which meant it was about breakfast time and since we were incharge of part of breakfast we needed to head over. So Curt just went over while I got ready. Then we went over and all the kids got their baskets and played with their toys and candy. While breakfast was cooking then we all ate and had our easter egg cracking war.

Curtis won and we got a big bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs. We had such a great time and we had a wonderful easter. We love all the family time we had this weekend. We hope everyone had a great Easter as well.

1 comment:

Cal and Whit said...

HEY!!! I haven't had time to read all your new posts, but I'm coming back to read them! I have loved what I have read so far and it looks like you guys are having a blast! I can't wait to catch up on your blog, and read about the wedding and everything else in your words! huzzah! Much love from us!