Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Funeral for Curt's grandfather/Kids say the darnest things No. 5

Curtis's grandpa passed away on March 31, 2012. We attended the funeral in Idaho Falls, Idaho on Friday April 6, 2012. We rode up with his sister Connie and her older girls Brooke, 8, and Kate, 5, as well as his brother Joey. I had received my new book Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson. I was reading that while the girls watched Barbie Princess Charm School and Curtis and Joey were making boyish comments about the dirty windshield and ways to clean it. (I will leave the rest up to your imagination.) The drive started out snowy and cold, the snow did stop on the way up to Idaho, but the wind got more fierce it was frigid.

I have never met his grandfather nor his mom's siblings, but I felt I needed to be there for support even if his family isn't as close knit as mine. Besides I get a kick out of my nieces, they are fun to be around. Which brings me to my kids say the darnest things No. 5

My 8 year old niece Brooke made a comment after the funeral when we were out in the car waiting to follow the hearse to the cemetery. She saw the hearse and studied it for a minute then asked, "is that like a limo?" We laughed for a little bit. She didn't get what we were laughing about so her mom answered, "in a way."

Then it was 5 year old Kate's turn, we were in the funeral procession, and she asked why were all driving in a line, Uncle Joey explained it is called a funeral procession, we are all going to the cemetery. To which she promptly responded "like a parade :D only we aren't throwing candy." Once again we all laughed, kids certainly have a way of making any situtation lighter.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love your nieces comments too. I am waiting for the "wide" story ha ha ha ha Love you Ka