Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Windy City of Utah

I know it is said that Chicago, Illinois is the Windy City. I beg to differ that point. I believe that Highland, Utah is the Windy City. We just get a great wind flow here, probably due to the fact that we are located at the mouth of a canyon but still, we get some great gusts. 

Yesterday for example... We had wind blowing hard and fast, with some occasional raindrops pelting you from all angles... Ouch. Michael tried leaning into the wind with his jacket hoping it would hold his weight, I told him he needed a sheet his jacket wouldn't be enough. So they held out the sheets like superhero capes, I told them hold the top two corners, stand on the bottom two, hold your arms straight, and lean into the wind it will work like a parachute and hold you up here are the valiant efforts of Michael, T.J., and Aimee.
Michael 's First Attempt
Me helping the Munchkin get her footing
T.J.'s first attempt
Munchkin getting blown over
Michael's 2nd attempt (much better)
Michael and T.J. (T's arms still aren't high enough)
Michael trying to hold his own, T.J. blown over
Aimee Blown over
Munchkin standing :)
Dad showing Michael how to stand correctly
Last the Boys got it :) (a little blurry but oh well)



This was the Sunday evening entertainment after dinner, this kept them out there for nearly an hour. Laughing, frustrations, and toppling children makes for a great day :) -minus the fact that now our satellite is still trying to recover from our rainy-wind storm ;) my poor brothers ... no T.V. :( haha oh well

2 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

Whoot Whoot!!! I loved catching up on your blog! hooray!!! I love the love stories and these pics of you guys in the wind kill me!! ha ha! Cal and I totally laughed at those!!

So, can I add you to our sidebar on our blog?

Also, use Picasa to make collages. You just download it onto your computer, upload your pics right to Picasa when you upload them, and from there you can do all sorts of picture editing, making collages, doing words on your pics and lots of other stuff...plus it stores your pics there, and you can make folders and stuff to keep them organized (ha, of course I had to add that :D )

Let mw know if it doesn't work, it has been a while since I originally downloaded it, and I think it is the same, but not sure.

(Ash is the one who originally introduced me to it, and I LOVE IT!)

:D Love your blog!!!

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

Ya the wind was awesome :) we had a blast :)
yes you may add me to your side bar :)
ok sweet thank you so so much ^_^
Love you