Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Little BO Peep

So Curt and I have talked about getting a lamb so that our kids can mutton bust! We didn't think we would get one so soon! On Dec 4th the cutest little lamby was born, Mr. Bo Jangles! He was a triplet, first born and curious, he was up and walking around before mom gave birth to his siblings. After she was done she took the other two and went back with the herd leaving Mr. Bo all on his own. The shepherd took Mr. Bo to his momma and she didn't want him, so the shepherd posted him online because he didn't have the time to bottle feed him. So Curtis texted me and asked if we could get a bottle lamb, I agreed. Thursday Dec 5th we brought home our baby Bo. He was supposed to be Curtis' responsibility, he was out of school for the Christmas break and was home with the dogs anyway and could feed him.

This was the day we brought him home!

The first night we had a heating lamp and put him in the corral with the goats for body warmth. Curtis made up his bottle the next morning to go feed him and he wouldn't eat :( We thought that maybe since it was so cold the bottle was cooling off on the way down to the corral and he didn't want it. So we brought him inside to stay, he still didn't eat super great but he was eating better. It was so cold the next few weeks, we were in negative temps and single digits so I made Curtis let us keep him inside because I didn't want him getting sick. So he did. 
He lived in the bathroom with the dogs for a few weeks, he slept in the kennel and played with me in the bathroom most of the time. We found out after the first two days the original nipple we bought was too big for his little mouth so we went to get a smaller one. Then he started eating like a champ!!! After feeding time we snuggle 
and play for a little bit before the milk coma sets in...
sometimes we snuggle together while he has his milk coma nap
My dad called me little Bo Peep because I had a lamb and just like Bo Peep he follows me EVERYWHERE!!!
Sweet little thing never leaves my side. Curtis feels a little left out because 
1. this was supposed to be HIS lamb and
2. I spent hours in the bathroom with Bo because he is a herd animal and I knew he didn't want to be alone. He quickly became my baby, I feed him, clean up after him, played with him, everything. 
I took him to Candy Making Day with me because I went for the weekend and couldn't leave him home because he was still eating 3 times a day he was only a week old at this point. My mom did not enjoy having a lamb in her house people... apparently he stinks BAD... he made my mom gag on 
several occasions. I don't think he stinks but my mom says that's a mothers love.

Michael watched him for me while I broke down and bought maternity pants finally! When I came home it was the cutest thing I have ever seen, we have our game Bo and I, I ask him who's the boss and he will buck and rear around to show me he is the boss. Well when I came back from my errand and Uncle Mike's babysitting, he had taught Bo to fist bump, he will say "give me some Bo" and he will head butt your fist! It was the cutest thing I have ever watched!

One last story, I have plenty, I don't know if you noticed much but poor Mr. Bo Jangles has a tag in his left ear! It hangs right in his eye I am pretty sure he was tagged in the wrong spot, but the studded end pokes him constantly in eye. I didn't really notice that it was affecting him much, but after he started to live with the goats outside when he would come in for feeding time his left eye was watery and droopy! So on New Year's Day while Joshua and Bailey were here I held Bo close so Dad(Curt) could cut the terrible tag out of his ear! 
We got it out! His eye is doing much better and he is greatly enjoying life free with the goats and eating lots of leafy hay! He will be fully weaned Jan 10th that is his last bottle then he will be a hay eating machine! I love this little lamb with my whole heart he is preparing me for motherhood and I am so excited for what the future will bring for us! 

No comments: